- Tour Guide
- Pick Up
- 1 Day
Enjoy our awarded with TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2019 tour and depart from our terminal for one day trip from Athens to explore the UNESCO-listed archaeological site of Delphi with an expert guide and learn how the city was considered the ‘Center of the World’ in ancient Greece and today one of the most famous archaeological sites of Greece. Along the way, you will see the plain of Beotia, an agricultural center and you will also pass by the city of Theva, the birthplace of King Oedipus. Immerse yourself in the myths and monuments of classical Greece on this full-day tour of Delphi from Athens.
After meeting your guide in Athens, hear tales about the ancient Greeks and their lives in Delphi while traveling to the town by air-conditioned coach. You will reach Delphi towards Mt. Parnassos, making a short rest stop outside the town of Levadia.
First stop is a tour of the Delphi archeological site – a UNESCO World Heritage Site and easily one of the most important digs in Europe. Avoid and skip the lines of the archaeological site and walk around the evocative ruins with your guide, see famous monuments likethe monument of the Argive Kings, the treasury of the Athenians, the Athenian Stoa, the Polygonal Wall, the monument of Platea and the Temple of Apollo famous for its oracle.
Second stop is Delphi museum, with it\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s spectacular exhibits include the frieze of the Treasury of the Sifnians, the Naxian Sphinx, the Statue of Antinoos the metopes of the Athenian treasury, the famous bronze Charioteer, originally created to commemorate a victory during the 476 B.C. Pythian Games, and many other artifacts. Be sure to check out the bronze Charioteer of Delphi and the Sphinx of Naxos.
After lunch break, visit Athena Pronaia Sanctuary, the most photographed spot in Delphi. Return to Athens passing by the picturesque mountain village of Arachova, built on the south slopes of Parnassus, well known for its attractive hand-woven carpets, rugs and quilts, as well as for its wine and cheese (short photo stop).
- Small group tour of maximun 26 people
- Skip the long lines and save time
- Guided tour of the Temple of Apollo and the world famous Oracle, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- See the Athenian Treasure, the Athenian Stoa and other important monuments
- Explore Delphi Museum and see the Charioteer of Delphi
- The only day tour in Athens visiting Athena Pronaia
- Delphi trip is awarded with Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off included
- Entrance fees
- Our Delphi trip is awarded with TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Services of a Professional and licensed guide
- Transport by luxury A/C bus
- Hotel Pick up service and drop off service
- All taxes fees
- Free WiFi on coaches
- Guided tour in the Archaeological site of Delphi and the Museum of Delphi
- Gratuities (optional)
- Drinks and beverages
- Expect mostly warm weather in Greece during the day and cooler at night. For day trips, comfortable walking shoes, sun glasses, hat and loose fitted clothing are strongly recommended. The site of Delphi is perched on the side of a hill. All visitors are rewarded with a beautiful view over the site and the valley beyond. If you need additional information please do not hesitate to contact us and we will provide to you in order to help you decide if this tour or activity is right for you.
Free WiFi on Coaches!
|TOUR GUIDE LANGUAGE
|1st November - 31st March
|1st April - 31st October
Lingua Italiana a disposizione durante la Settimana Pasqua Cattolica
(16/05 - 12/09) e (10/04 - 16/04)
German Language will operate from
(02/05 to 31/05) & (10/09 to 15/10)
|From 2018-11-01 To 2019-01-07
|From 2021-04-01 To 2021-10-31
|From 2018-01-08 To 2018-03-09
|From 2018-03-10 To 2018-03-31