- Tour Guide
- Half Day Tour
If you are interested in religious tours, this tour is the perfect choice for you. Exclusively with KEY tours you will have the opportunity to discover two must-see sights on this memorable day trip from Athens. You'll explore Ancient Corinth & Daphni’s Monastery.
After your morning pick up from your central located hotel, the bus will drive to Corinth via Iera Odos (the Sacred Way). It was so called because it was the route taken by a procession celebrating the Eleusinian Mysteries, were initiations held every year for the cult of Demeter and Persephone based at Eleusis in ancient Greece.
Our first stop will be the Monastery of Daphni, a 11th-century Byzantine monastery listed as an World Heritage site together with Monasteries Hosios Loukas and Nea Moni of Chios. The interior of the church is decorated with superb mosaics, a unique, fine example of the Classical idealism of Middle Byzantine art. The crowded scenes of the mosaics narrate scenes from the life of Christ and the Virgin.
Driving along the coastal road, we reach Corinth canal, which merges the Aegean with the Ionian Sea (short stop for photos of the breathtaking view). Shortly thereafter we reach the ancient town of Corinth, where St. Paul lived and preached for two years (Acts 18:1-18). Visit the ruins of the ancient city where Paul worked with Aquila and Priscilla, see the remains of the first century shops, the Agora where Paul’s trial by Gallio took place, the Fountain of Peirene, and one of the most outstanding monuments of pre –Roman period, the temple of Apollo.
- 6-hours guided tour to Ancient Corinth & Daphni Monastery
- Participate on a religious tour led by an expert guide
- Visit Monastery of Daphni & marver at its superb 11th-century mosaics
- UNESCO's world heritage monument
- Stop at the strategically Corinth canal & enjoy breathtaking views
- Visit Ancient Corinth with the temple of Apollo & its age-old streets
- Pick up/drop off service is included from Athens central hotels
- Professional licenced guide
- Transportation by luxury vehicle
- Entrance fees of Ancient Corinth
- Hotel pick up/drop off service
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
- Please note that for the moment the entrance to the Monastery is free of charge. In case the Ministry announced a price, entrance fees will not be included in the price of the tour.
Free WiFi on Coaches!
|TOUR GUIDE LANGUAGE|
|1st April - 31st October|
|From 2018-04-01 To 2019-10-31|