- Tour Guide
- Pick Up
- Half Day Tour
A half day afternoon trip from Athens full of images. Begin your Sounio tour with a wonderful drive along the scenic coastal road which affords a splendid view of the Saronic Gulf, passing through some of Athens most beautiful suburbs (Glyfada,Vouliagmeni, Varkiza). As you approach Cape Sounion, it rises like a sheer cliff out of the sea. At Cape Sounio where you will visit the 5th century B.C. Temple of Poseidon with one of the most breathtaking panoramic views in the world(on a clear day you can see at least seven islands).The precipice is a sheer 197 foot drop to the sea.
Land masses to the west stand out in sharp profile: the island of Aegina backed by the mountains of the Peloponnese. The beauty of the surviving Doric columns has inspired many poets, including Lord Byron who carved his name on one of the columns.
- 4-hour guided excursion of Cape Sounion & Temple of Poseidon
- Relax on a scenic drive along the Athens Riviera & enjoy breathtaking views of Aegean sea
- Marvel at the Temple of Poseidon and discover the stirring legends that surround it
- Pass by some of the most expensive & highly rated areas of Athens like Vouliagmeni, Varkiza & Glyfada area
- Visit Cape Sounion and see graffiti left by English poet Lord Byron
- Entrance fees of the Temple of Poseidon
- Transport by luxury bus
- Hotel pick up/drop off service
- Professional and Lisensed guide
- All taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
- If you need additional information please do not hesitate to contact us and we will provide to you in order to help you decide if this tour or activity is right for you.
Free WiFi on Coaches!
|TOUR GUIDE LANGUAGE|
|1st November - 31st March|
|1st April - 31st October|
Lingua Italiana a disposizione durante la Settimana Pasqua Cattolica
(16/05 - 12/09) e (10/04 - 16/04)
|From 2018-11-01 To 2019-01-07|
|From 2019-04-01 To 2019-10-31|
|From 2019-01-08 To 2019-03-09|
|From 2019-03-10 To 2019-03-31|