- Tour Guide
- Half Day Tour
Join our guided half day tour to Cape Sounion and experience a breathtaking sunset at the unique temple of Poseidon, the God of the Seas in ancient times.
Our tour starts with a wonderful drive along the Athens Rivera. During this relaxing ride with your luxury air conditioned bus you’ll enjoy splendid views of the Saronic Gulf while passing through some of Athens’ most beautiful suburbs, including Hellinikon Olympic complex, Glyfada, Vouliagmeni, and Varkiza.
Arriving at the Cape Sounion, you will visit the 5th century B.C. Temple of Poseidon with its magnificent panoramic view of the Aegean Sea (on a clear day you can see at least seven islands). One of its columns has a graffiti left by none other than lord Byron in the early 1800s. Cape Sounion has long played an important part in Greek mythology and history, and the first recorded mention of it occurs in the Odyssey, as the last safe landing before Poseidon scattered the returning Greek navy. As god of the sea, Poseidon was very important for ancient Greeks, and the scale of the Temple at Cape Sounion reflects that.
After visiting the Temple, filled from the beauty, the history and the culture of this site we will wait to admire one of the most amazing sunsets you could ever imagine. And when the sun begins to slowly touch the sea it is the perfect moment for a glass of wine, before returning back to your hotel.
- Visit the temple of Poseidon and see graffiti left by English poet Lord Byron
- Sunset guided tour to the majestic Cape Sounion
- Enjoy stunning views of the Aegean sea & its islands along the way
- Pass by some of the most expensive and highly rated areas of Athens
- Watch the breathtaking sunset with a glass of wine in hand
- Entrance fees of the Temple of Poseidon
- Professional and licenced guide
- Transport by luxury air conditioned bus
- Hotel pick up / drop off service
- One glass of wine per adult
- All taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
Departure times: 1-18 May at 17:45, 21 May-8 Jun at 18:00, 11 Jun-21 Jul at 18:15, 23 Jul-17 Aug at 17:45, 20 Aug-7 Sep at 17:15, 10 Sep-21 Sep at 17:00, 24 Sep-30 Sep at 16.45
|TOUR GUIDE LANGUAGE|
|1st April - 31st October|
|From 2018-05-05 To 2019-09-30|