- Tour Guide
- Pick Up
- 5 Days
Explore Greece's most important UNESCO world Heritage sites during this five-day tour from Athens. From the classic ancient Olympic Stadium at Olympia to the famous rock-tower monasteries of Meteora and Nafplio, the first capital of modern Greece, accompanied by a passionate and professional guide. Half board accomodation, activities and transportation included per itinerary.
1st DAY: Leave Athens behind travelling with your luxury air conditioned coach and head west to the strategically important Corinth canal, your first stop for the day. Continue to Epidaurus and visit the Ancient theatre, world famous for its outstanding acoustics. Proceed to the beautiful seaport town of Nauplia. Free afternoon for walking around the old town of Nauplia (the first capital of Greece) or you can visit the Nafplia Gallery of Art with paintings of famous Greek artists dedicated to the Greek revolution. Overnight stay in Nafplion.
2nd DAY: Continue the trip to Myceane. Visit the site and the Tomb of Agamemnon. Learn about the classical Greek culture as you walk through this impressive archaeological site. In the afternoon (optional stop for souvenirs and lunch) depart for Olympia. Overnight stay in Olympia.
3rd DAY: After breakfast, set off with your guide and visit the archaeological site of Olympia with the Temple of Zeus, the Temple of Hera, the altar of the Olympic flame, the Stadium and the archaeological Museum. Depart via Patras and cross the Corinthian bay by the new bridge. Pass by the city of Nafpaktos and from there on, along the coastal road to Delphi, known in ancient times as the navel of the world. Overnight stay in Delphi.
4th DAY: Rise early and visit the archaeological site of Delphi, one of the important archaeological treasures, also listed as a UNESCO world Heritage site. Head inside the Delphi museum and encounter numerous artifacts and relics that date back to 15th century BC. Continue to Kalabaka via Central Greece. Overnight stay in Kalabaka.
5th DAY: Leave in the morning for nearby Meteora to visit the breathtaking Byzantine Monasteries. This UNESCO world Heritage site is home for more than 20 rock monasteries. Discover the natural beauty and the cultural heritage of this area. Return to Athens late in the afternoon passing the heroic monument of Leonidas at Thermopylae.
- Stroll through Delphi site & museum also known as the 'navel of the world'
- Explore the important archaeological site of Mycenae & marvel the Royal tombs
- See the Ancient theatre of Epidaurus, world famous for its outstanding acoustics
- Visit ancient Olympia and view highlights such as Temple of Zeus & the stadium
- Explore Meteora monasteries and enjoy breathtaking views of the rocks
- Choose between First class or Tourist class to suit your budget
- Transportation by luxury air conditioned bus
- Professional and licensed guide
- Hotel accomodation (A class / T class)
- Breakfasts & dinners
- Entrance fees
- Hotel accommodation tax
- Drinks and beverages
- Gratuites (optional)
- Entrance to the monasteries: Appropriate clothing is required. Ladies should not wear short skirts and must have long sleeves. Men are not allowed to wear shorts.
- Meteora Monasteries: We visit Great Meteoro Monastery and St. Stefanos. Every Tuesday, we are visitng instead of Great Meteoro, Varlaam monastery.
- Prices: All the mentioned prices are per person on twin sharing basis. In case of one traveler the single supplement option has to be chosen.
- Hotel accommodation: A class (4*): Ippoliti, Arty Grand, Apollonia, Divani Meteora - T class (3*): Victoria, Neda, Delphi Palace, Orfeas (or similar)
- Hotel accomodation tax: Paid directly in hotels as following: 5* hotels - 4 Euro per room/per night, 4* hotels - 3 Euro per room/per night, 3* hotels - 1.5 Euro per room/per night.
Free WiFi on Coaches!
|TOUR GUIDE LANGUAGE|
|1st April - 31st October|
|From 2019-04-08 To 2019-10-21|
|Return Time||19:00 (5th Day)|