- Tour Guide
- 1 Day
A complex trip which gives you the opportunity to follow into St. Paul’s footsteps, which will introduce to you the Ancient town of Filippi and the modern city of Kavala. But first we will visit Amfipoli and see the famous Lion of Amfipolis!
Then we leave to the Ancient town of Filippi, a settlement founded by Alexander the Great’s father, where we shall visit the basilica, the theatre, the Roman forum, the cell where Apostle Paul was imprisoned but also the Octagon Church-the first Christian church of Europe.
Later we will arrive in Kavala, the amphitheatric town, where we have a couple of free hours for shopping, for a walk or for a visit of the old fortress, the aqueduct or to see Muhammad Ali’s house. Early in the evening, we drive back to Thessaloniki and your hotel.
- Visit the archaeological site of Philippi
- Visit the place where Apostle Paul was imprisoned
- Follow St Paul's footsteps
- Visit Amfipoli
- See the famous Lion of Amfipolis
- Visit the picturesque city of Kavala
- Free time for a walk or shopping in Kavala
- Entrance fees
- Professional and licensed English speaking guide
- Transportation by a deluxe vehicle (depending on the group’s size)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
We offer pick-up from central Thessaloniki hotels. For other languages as well as on Sunday and public holidays extra fees may apply.
|From 2018-04-01 To 2019-03-31|