- Tour Guide
- Pick Up
- 1 Day
Visit Acropolis and Athens' most important sites travelling in a luxury air conditioned mini van and with a limited group of 14 people which ensure personalized attention from your professional guide.
Meet your passionate guide at your Athens central hotel and head into the heart of the city. Stop at the House of the Greek Parliament and watch the changing of the guards in front of the Unknown soldier monument. Continue passing by some of the most important attractions of Athens such as the National Garden, St. Paul’s Church - Catholic Cathedral, Schlieman’s House (Nomismatic Museum), Academy, University of Athens, National Library, Old Parliament, and Russian Orthodox Church. Keep your camera ready and enjoy a short stop at the Panathinaiko Stadium, the cradle of the first Olympic Games that took place in 1896. Circle around Zappion, the Roman Temple of Olympian Zeus and Hadrian’s Arc and head for the new Acropolis museum. Main attractions such as votives, artifacts of every day life, statues from archaic period, Caryatids, and of course the Parthenon hall with the metopes, the pediments and the frieze will impress you.
Having explore the Acropolis Museum, continue to the UNESCO-listed Acropolis from the south slope so as to avoid the crowds and also to visit the Dionysus sanctuary and Dionysus Theatre built in the 5th century BC. Your licensed guide will give you a detailed explanation of the glorious monuments of the Acropolis such as, the Parthenon, the Erectheion, the Propylaia, the Nike Temple and the surrounding monuments such as the Odeon of Herodes Atticus, the Observatory as well as the Philopappos.
After your guided tour in Acropolis, pass by Mars and Pnyx Hill and enter to the impressive Ancient Agora which once was the political, social and commercial heart of ancient Athens. Marvel at the Attalos Gallery and the Temple of Hephaestus. This temple is smaller than the Parthenon, but in its beauty and perfection, he may well compete with the Parthenon.
- See top Athens' attractions including the stunning Ancient Agora
- Visit UNESCO-listed Acropolis with your professional guide
- Explore the new Acropolis museum & marvel at unique exhibits
- See the Changing of the Guard ceremony at the Unknown Soldier monument
- Tour group numbers restricted to a maximum of 14 people
- Transportation by luxury air conditioned mini bus
- Professional and licensed guide
- Hotel pick up/drop off service
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
- Entrance fees: Admission tickets are being paid to the guide at the start of the tour offering skip-the-line access.
- For Acropolis hill, comfortable walking shoes, sun glasses, hat and loose fitted clothing are strongly recommended.
Free WiFi on Coaches!
|TOUR GUIDE LANGUAGE|
|1st April - 31st October|
|From 2019-04-01 To 2019-10-31|