- Cyclades Islands
- Geological Half-day Semi private Tour of Milos
- Tour Guide
- 1 Day
Milos is one of the four volcanoes in Greece and due to its volcanic history is an open geological museum offering the chance to witness some unique geological phenomena.
Explore some of the most interesting areas of Milos such us the Mining Museum, the salt fields, the crater of Fyriplaka with the century-old cedar trees, the volcano ending (Kalamos), the sulphur mines, the mine of Aggeria and the modern Mineral processing factory.
During the half day tour except of very interesting scientific information you will have a chance to learn how the rich subsoil has played a significant role to the history and culture of the island, making it one of the most important ports of Cyclades from antiquity until the 18th century.
- Visit the Mining museum & the salt fields
- Admire the crater of Fyriplaka
- Visit the mine of Aggeria
- See the modern mineral processing factory
- Explore unique geological phenomena
- Small groups of maximum 4 participants
- Professional english speaking escort
- Midday snack
- Wet wipes
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees (4 Euro p/p)
- Hotel pick up/drop off service
Meeting point: The tour starts at Pollonia village. There is complimentary pick up service also from Adamas. Pick up service from other areas is available with extra cost.
Children policy: Child price for this tour is valid for children from 2 to 10 years old.
Part of the tour takes place in an industrial restricted area, inaccessible by individual travelers. The tour can also be arranged on private basis upon request and availability.
|From 2019-04-10 To 2019-10-30|