- Tour Guide
- 1 Day
Spend a memorable day steeped in history and culture discovering Zakynthos with an expert guide. Very proud of many local products and crafts from olives, oil, sweets, honey, wines to lace, rugs and pottery.
Tour begins with a visit to an olive factory where you can discover the production of the famous Zakynthian olive oil during winter. Continue northwest passing the traditional mountain villages of Kiliomeno, Agios Leon and Kampi. Enjoy spectacular views over the cliffs and the magnificent view of the out-stretched Ionian Sea.
Next stop is at the impressive caves in the North of the island where you can enjoy an optional boat trip. Small boats will take you to the caves which are riddled with hollows eroded by the sea. Blue light is reflected on the walls making the experience truly magical and definitely worth seeing. If you don’t wish to go out on the boats, you can relax on shore or take a quick dip.
Continue to Anafonitria and marvel at the monastery of St Dennis, the patron Saint of the Island. St Dennis was well- known for his healing powers and compassion. It is worth knowing that the monastery has recently been renovated uncovering 15th Century frescoes.
After the lunch stop in one of the traditional mountain villages, head to North East. Enjoy a stunning photo stop in Katastari overlooking Alykes and take in great views overlooking Zakynthos town from Bochali where the remains of the old Venetian castle lie. Tour finishes late in the afternoon and there is complimentary drop off service.
- Visit a traditional olive factory & discover the production of the famous Zakynthian olive oil
- Drive through idyllic mountain villages in the north of the island
- Visit the 15th century monastery of St Dennis, the Patron Saint of the island
- Enjoy a full day tour led by an expert local guide
- Optional boat trip to the impressive caves
- Experienced escort
- Luxury bus with professional driver
- Pick up service from the majority of the hotels
- All taxes
- Boat ticket to the Caves (optional)
- Lunch and drinks
Sensible footwear, sensible clothing for church & monastery stops are recommended.
|From 2018-05-15 To 2019-09-30|