- Tour Guide
- 1 Day
Coach tour visiting the Mon Repos palace, followed by a walking tour of the historic centre of Old Corfu Town, aslo visiting the 16th century Church of St. Spyridon, the Protector Saint of the island.
The Mon Repos Palace is located in the suburbs of Corfu Town, on the coast of Paleopolis. The mansion was a gift to his beautiful local Corfiot wife, Mrs Palatianou. In 1864 it was given as a present to the King of Greece George A' and has served since as a summer mansion for the Greek Royal Family.
Nowadays the palace mansion operates as a museum: The rooms on the ground floor of the palace, with their original fixtures and furnishings offer guests an insight into palace life in the 19th century and the British colonial era. The first floor houses an well-presented and appointed exhibition of significant archaeological findings from the local excavations in the ancient city of Paleopolis, featuring a display of ancient coins, tomb remains, ceramics, tools and other artifacts.
The excursion continues with a guided walking tour of the historic Old City of Corfu and its main monuments: the Town Hall, the Duomo, with a visit to the famous historic 16 cent Orthodox Church of Saint Spyridon - the saint protector of the island.
Free time is available at the end of the tour for shopping.
- Visit the famous Mon Repos Palace
- Admire significant archaeological findings from the ancient city of Paleopolis
- Enjoy a guided walking tour of the historic Old City of Corfu
- See the Town Hall & the Duomo
- Visit the Orthodox Church of Saint Spyridon
- Entrancee fees
- English speaking professional guide
- Transportation by luxury vehicle
- Personal expenses
- Gratuites (optional)
- Tsitsibira (traditional ginger beer- non alcoholic) at cafe in Corfu town centre (optional)
The tour can be arranged also in other languages upon request and availability. For reservations on Sunday or Local/National holidays a supplement will apply.
|From 2018-01-01 To 2020-03-31