- Tour Guide
- Pick Up
- 3 Days
With this three day sightseeing tour in Greece including Meteora and Delphi, you will visit two of Greece's most impressive UNESCO World Heritage sites. Visit the archeological site of Delphi with Apollo temple, also known as the 'navel of the world' and the stunning rock-tower monasteries of Meteora.
1st Day: Start your 3-Day trip with a pick up from your central Athens hotel and depart through Thebes, Livadia (short stop) and Arachova for Delphi, known in ancient times as the navel of the world. Explore the archaeological site and marvel at the Temple of Apollo famous for its oracle. Stroll around the relics of the Temple as your professional guide describes its purpose and construction. Second stop is the museum of Delphi with its spectacular finds, including the unique bronze Charioteer, the Naxian Sphinx and the statue of Antinoos. Check in to your hotel and spend your afternoon as you wish. Overnight stay in Delphi.
2nd Day: The next morning is at your leisure to relax or to visit the town of Delphi. In the afternoon meet our guide and depart through Central Greece to Kalambaka, a small town built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks, crowned by the Meteora Monasteries. Overnight stay in Kalambaka.
3rd Day: After your breakfast, depart for nearby Meteora to visit the Byzantine monasteries built on top of rock towers and providing fantastic views over the plain. Listen to fascinating stories by your guide and learn how they provided refuge for monks in the bloody aftermath of the Roman Empire. Return to Athens late in the afternoon passing by the heroic monument of King Leonidas of Sparta at Thermopylae.
- Delphi site: Apollo Temple - Athinian Treasure - Oracle
- Visit Delphi museum with its spectacular artifacts
- Scenic drive along Central Greece
- Unesco World Heritage listed cliff top spiritual monasteries of Meteora
- King Leonidas of Sparta monument
- Transportation by luxury air conditioned bus
- Professional and licensed guide
- Hotel accomodation (A class / T class)
- Breakfasts & dinners
- Entrance fees
- Hotel accommodation tax
- Gratuites (optional)
- Drinks and beverages
- Entrance to the monasteries: Appropriate clothing is required. Ladies should not wear short skirts and must have long sleeves. Men are not allowed to wear shorts.
- Meteora Monasteries: We visit Great Meteoro Monastery and St. Stefanos. Every Tuesday, we are visitng instead of Great Meteoro, Varlaam monastery.
- Prices: All the mentioned prices are per person on twin sharing basis. In case of one traveler the single supplement option has to be chosen.
- Hotel accommodation: A class (4*): Apollonia & Divani Meteora - T class (3*): Delphi Palace & Orfeas (or similar)
- Hotel accomodation tax: Paid directly in hotels as following: 5* hotels - 4 Euro per room/per night, 4* hotels - 3 Euro per room/per night, 3* hotels - 1.5 Euro per room/per night.
Free WiFi on Coaches!
|TOUR GUIDE LANGUAGE|
|1st April - 31st October|
|From 2019-04-01 To 2019-10-30|
|Return Time||19:00 (3rd day)|