- Cyclades Islands
- Afternoon Walking Tour of Mykonos Town
- Tour Guide
- 1 Day
Wander around the paths of the most beautiful and famous island of Greece and experience the true beauty of Mykonos.
Your walk down the Mykonian history "alley", through which our guide will accompany you and share his knowledge and stories, begins at 16:00, after you have been collected from your pick-up location (usually your hotel or the cruise-ship port), at the well-known location of the Archaeological museum and the Remezzo club (where the entrane of the old town is), close to the old port, which is the starting point of the walking tour.
Walking down the coastal paved road, you will pass Manto Square, where the famous monument of Manto Mavrogenous stands, a Greek heroine of the Greek War of Independence. Right after you will head down the famous Matogianni area, where you will find cloting and footwear shops of famous fashion brands and you will see attractions such as the 3 wells, the home of Manto Mavrogenous' mother and the Maritime Museum. From there you will continue your walk, by passing the traditional "Gioras bakery", an underground and old wooden stove, still operational until today where you will be treated a traditional bakery's product and a refreshment, before you head towards five in a row windmills, which still stand proudly as a local attraction, after their operation was paused. Crossing the narrow winding paths, through the castle of the Chora and the Scarpa area where 'Little Venice' is located, which is famous for its picturesque medieval two and three storey houses (you will have 15 minutes free time here), you visit the elaborate church of "Panagia Paraportiani", one of the most famous architectural structures in Greece and get to see the Folklore Museum.
Finally, we head back to our starting point and pass by the famous Agios Nikolaos church at the old port. At the end you will be driven back to where you were picked-up, with the firm belief that we managed to pass on some of our proud history and memories of our past and present.
- An unforgettable walking tour
- Wander around the beautiful paths of Mykonos
- Pass from 'Remezzo' famous location
- Guided tour to 'Paraportiani' church
- See the Castle &Small; Venice
- Admire the breathtaking windmills
- Wander around Matoyiannia streets
- Transportation by luxury bus
- English speaking professional escort
- Treat at the Gioras Bakery
- Professional Guide at the Archaeological Museum or the Folklore Museum
- Entrance fees to the Archaeological musuem or the Folklore museum
- Anything not indicated as included
Child price is valid for children till 14 years old.
|From 2018-04-16 To 2018-10-15|