- Tour Guide
- Pick Up
- 2 Days
Two Days Rail Tour to Meteora from Thessaloniki - Daily - Throughout the year
Join our two days rail tour to Meteora to discover the beauty and the history of a unique geological phenomenon and the Byzantine Monasteries, listed as UNESCO World Heritage monuments. This tour includes the train tickets; transfer from and to the train station, 1 night stay with breakfast in a 3 or 4-star hotel, 2 top rated tours and activities at Meteora!
Catch the train to Kalambaka at 10:22 am from Thessaloniki Railway Station. Upon your arrival in Kalambaka, around 13:30, our English speaking driver will be waiting for you at the train station, holding a signboard with your name on it to transfer you to your hotel. In the evening you will join the Meteora Sunset Tour* to admire breathtaking views of Meteora and to discover all the hidden gems of this place.
Next morning, we give you the opportunity to choose the activity you prefer, the Meteora Hiking Tour* or the Half-day Morning Tour*. Our guide will meet you in the lobby to explore together Meteora and to discover the natural beauty and the cultural heritage of this area. Enjoy a journey back in time and learn the stories of the first hermits and monks who laid the foundations of the monastic community of Meteora. At around 17:00 our driver will pick you up to transfer you to the train station. At 17:22 pm the train departs and you will switch trains at Paleofarsalos, arriving at back to Thessaloniki at 21:40.
* For more details, visit our Meteora page
- STARTING TIME 8.27am
- DURATION 2 Days
- ENTRANCE FEES (not included)
- MEETING POINT Kalampaka Train Station
- END POINT At the original pick up point
- DAYS OF OPERATION Every day
- GROUP SIZE Small groups
- Admire the world famous Meteora & Visit all the monasteries
- Join two top rated tours and activities
- Stay at a 3-star or 4-star hotel hotel with breakfast
- Join the Meteora Sunset Tour
- Choose between the Meteora Hiking Tour or the Meteora Half-day Tour
- Train tickets with return from Thessaloniki to Meteora
- First class train ticket available
- Pick-up and drop off from Kalampaka train station to your hotel and back
- English speaking tour leader on the tours
- Free Map and Bottle of water provided on the tours
- Free wifi on board the tour bus
- English, French, Italian, Spanish, Romanian and Russian guides on request
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees to the monasteries, 3 euro per person, per monastery
In the morning tour you can choose to take your luggage with you to be dropped-off later on at the end of the tour in the town of Kalambaka. Visit Meteora offices located at the center and within walking distance from the train station offer safe storage for your luggage until train's departure time. Any participants under the age of 12 must have a parent or guardian present to sign on their behalf. There are many beautiful sights. You are encouraged to bring a camera along. Weather will not affect the operation of the tours. However if canceled due to unfavorable weather conditions, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund. The monasteries have a strict dress code men must wear trousers and long sleeves, women must wear a long skirt. If you do turn up in shorts trousers and shirts will be provided.
|From 2018-04-16 To 2020-12-22|