- Fitness Room
- Internet Access
The Hotel takes its name from Josias Berners, who purchased the land on which it stands in 1645, for just £970. Originally built in 1835 as five classic houses, the properties were converted to a hotel at the turn-of-the-century, in the Edwardian era. The original ceilings of the marble-clad Lobby and the Restaurant are Grade II listed. In the past, the area was known as " the Latin Quarter ", and then as " Fitzrovia ", where famous artists, writers and poets lived and worked. It was rumored that Edward VII entertained his mistress, Lillie Langtry, at the Hotel. In the early 1900s, the Berners played host to the works of Carl Faberge, whose jewel-encrusted eggs are renowned throughout the world. It was the first time his exquisite designs had been see in public, in London.