Set on the shores of Lake Como, the Villa D' Este Hotel is located in one of the most important crossroads between Italy and Northern Europe. Situated between the metropolis of Milan and the thriving Swiss business center of Lugano this exquisite hotel offers solace and style to business and leisure travelers alike.
The Villa d’Este Sporting Club offers to the hotel guests the following facilities free of charge: outdoor heated pool floating on the lake, outdoor children’s pool, indoor pool, 8 tennis courts (6 clay), squash court, fitness center, sauna and steam bath, jogging track, putting green, windsurfing and canoeing.
Available on request and subject to extra charge: sailing, water skiing, boat charter and private tennis lessons.
Several 18-hole golf courses are within a short drive of the property, among them the Villa d’Este Golf Club (privileges for hotel guests).
The award-winning Beauty Center offers a large selection of massages, hydrotherapy and beauty treatments for face and body.
The Concierge can arrange the following tours:
- Boat excursions to view the picturesque villages and charming villas scattered along the shores of Lake Como. The stop-over will include the town of Bellagio or the Comacina Island
- Visits to Villa Carlotta near Tremezzo or to Villa Balbianello
- Shopping in Milan (personal shopper service on request) or in Lugano (less than one hour away) or at the Foxtown outlet in Mendrisio (Switzerland, 15 minutes away)
- Visits to Lugano with its Museum of Modern Art and Villa Favorita.
- Visits to Lake Maggiore with the gardens of Villa Taranto at Pallanza-Verbania and the three islands: Isola Bella, Isola Madre and Isola dei Pescatori
- Daily sightseeing tours to Pavia, Bergamo, Venice and the Italian Riviera.
- Wine and gastronomic tours
- Free admission passes for hotel guests to Casinò di Lugano and Campione
The “Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este”
Held for the first time in 1929 and since 1999 directly under the patronage of the BMW Group, the “Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este” is recognised as one of the leading events for one-off bodied cars both vintage and concept.
It takes place every year in May.
The Villa d’Este Summer Festival
It is a landmark of Villa d’Este with its unique fireworks on the lake and an annual appointment for many guests who plan their visit according to the calendar of events:
- July 4th, American Independence Day
- July 14th, French Bastille Day
- August 15th, Midsummer Night Party