- Spa / Thalasso
- Fitness Room
- Swimming Pool
Come to the legendary 18th century Adare Manor Hotel & Golf and discover your very own emerald paradise...It is a heaven for the most discerning guest. With the blend of old world style, modern day facilities and Irish hospitality, you are certain to create memories to last a lifetime at the truly unforgettable Adare Manor.
Adare Manor borrows its name from the nearby village of Adare complete with its delightful thatched roof cottages, lively pubs, and antique shops. The Manor 'structurally' as it exists today was not begun until 1832. The Second Earl of Dun raven and his wife, Lady Caroline Wyndham, were living in a Georgian house built in the 1720's by Valentine Quin, grandfather of the first Earl. But Lord Dun raven, crippled with gout, was unable to participate in the usual activities of a landed gentleman of leisure so Lady Caroline devised the idea of a new manor house to give him something important to do. As it turned out, it was a magnificent suggestion: the building of the house provided labour for the surrounding villagers during the terrible potato famine that devastated the country during the mid- 19th century. Through Lady Caroline went to great lengths to establish the myth that Adare Manor was planned entirely by her husband without an architect, it is fairly certain today that much of the design work was done by James Pain who, along his brother George Richard had been commissioned to design numerous public buildings and country homes. The actual construction was supervised by James Connolly, a local mason, until his death in 1852.
The structure is a series of visual allusions to famous Irish and English homes that the Dun ravens admired. It is replete with curious eccentricities such as the turreted entrance tower at one corner rather than in the centre, 52 chimneys to commemorate each week of the year, 75 fireplaces and 365 leaded glass windows. The lettered text carved into the front of the south parapet reads: Except the Lord build the house, then labour is but lost that built if, The elaborate decoration is a miracle of stonework -arches, gargoyles, chimneys, bay windows. The interior spaces are designed on a grand scale. One of the most renowned interior spaces is the Minstrel's Gallery: 132 foot long, 40 foot high expanse inspired by the Hall of Mirrors in Versailles and lined on either side with 17th Century Flemish Choir Stalls. The private Rooms hardly pale in comparison to the public Rooms with elaborately decorated stone nd wood craftsmanship and sweeping views of the river.
The 840 acre estate that surrounds the Manor House consists of sweeping parklands, cultivated gardens, formal French gardens, magnificent mature trees, and the Maigue, one of Ireland's best trout rivers. The Formal Gardens were laid out in geometric box patterns by PC Hardwick in the 1850's. The assortment of trees include the magnificent Cedar of Lebanon on the river bank (approximately 300 years old), the 180 year old Beeches, Monkey Puzzles, Cork, Aspen and Flowering Cherry. Among the trees southwest of the Manor are Ogham Stones which were 'imported' from Kerry by Edwin, the Third Earl of Dun raven. Ogham Stones date from the early Fifth Century to the middle of the Seventh Century. They are mainly Christian in context and are usually associated with old churches or early Christian burial sites. Ogham inscriptions are in an early form of Irish, frequently folio-wed by Latin inscriptions and often read from the bottom upwards. A pet cemetery is located close to the Ogham Stones with carved memorials to the Dun raven pets.
Lord Dun raven did not live to see his dream Manor finished in 1862 but his eldest son, the 3rd Earl of Dun raven, did. The home remained in the Dun raven family until 1982 when Lady Dun raven sold it to an investment consortium. In 1987, the Thomas F Kane family of Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, acquired the Manor. The delicate and detailed restoration was completed in 1988 transforming Adare Manor into a world class home away from home. In 1989 the River Wing, indoor Swimming Pool, and Conference Rooms were completed. The Robert Trent Jones, Sr. Golf Course opened in August 1995. Stretching 7,138 yards from the championship tees, Adare Golf Club encompasses 230 acres of lush countryside. The River Maigue meanders through the back nine creating a sense of beauty and challenge. The Spring of 1999 saw the opening of the 18,000 square foot clubhouse. This facility includes men's and women's Changing Rooms, a Pro-shop, a Bar, Dining Room, Conference Facilities, and 11 en-suite Bedrooms.25 two and four Bedroomed Townhomes also opened, located in an elegant courtyard close to the Manor and adjacent to the Clubhouse. Adare Manor has indeed entered a new era as a premier vacation destination offering the finest of Irish hospitality.
Availability for: 1 Adults 08/07/2021 - 09/07/2021
No rooms found for selected dates and / or guest combination.