- Internet Access
The Brownes Dublin Hotel itself is steeped in history. Before 1791, there was a single large House, home to Henry, Earl of Shelbourne. In 1712 it was home to John Pratt of Cabra Castle in Co. Cavan. Various owners were resident in the House over the years. In 1728 Mary Ormsby widow of John Ormsby of Athlaccagh, Co. Limerick took over the House.
In 1790 Thomas Leighton took control of the House, demolished it and built two replacements to be known as 22 and 23 St Stephens Green. In later years the Ancient and Most Benevolent Order of the Friendly Brothers of St Patrick purchased the house. On St. Patrick’s Day in 1886, the first meeting took place in what was to be a long relationship between the brothers and the house
Finally in 1997 Mr Barry Canny took over the building and set about his dream of a boutique, country house property in the heart of the city centre. On 1st August 2003 The Stein Group proudly purchased Browne Dublin Hotel to add it to their collection of Hotels.