The royal family of Hessen had used the Hotel until the second World War as a City Residence. This home was completely destroyed during World War II. After the rebuilding of the House in 1951/52 it was designed as a Hotel. At that time the Hotel was with 8 Floors the first skyscraper in Frankfurt, but only for a short time the highest one. The original Hotel was built with 100 Guestrooms. The number of Rooms was reduced to 35 large Rooms in 1991 by a generous renovation to design this part of the Hotel more attractive. The north wing was the first extension in 1961. Each of these Rooms enjoy extensive amenities and individuality of the appointment comes from the Castle of the Prince of Hesse. The west wing was added in 1981/82, therefore it has 117 Rooms with Suites and Salons.