- Pets Allowed
- Swimming Pool
The Le Prieure is near to Saumur, a manor house built in the 12th and 16th centuries proposes an exceptionally fine view over the Loire valley and a 60-acre Park.
The initial lodge was built in the 12th century. In the 16th century, an elegant manor house was added to the original construction, an edifice with a double gable and hexagonal turret containing a wide spiral staircase, a gallery, huge rooms with decorative fireplaces, etc.
For several centuries, the chateau de Chunehutte was a Benedictine lodge, administered by a Prior. The 1789 Revolution decreed the demolition of the chapel and the abandonment of the site.
Once order was re-established, a succession of owners held the chateau. The most significant of these was Comte Raymond de Castellane, who completed it at the start of the 20th century. The Chateau was transformed into a hotel in 1957.