- Swimming Pool
- Cafeteria / Snack Bar
- Pets Allowed
This 16th century Chateau, surrounded by a moat and a 150 acre park with a lake, was the home of La Rochefoucauld family.It is very sought after, especially for its magnificent reception rooms. Is a romantic stop less than one hour from Paris, between the Chateau de Versailles and the Cathedral of Chartres.
In 1543, in the hollow of the valley of the Domaine d'Esclimont, Etienne de Poncher, Archbishop of Tours, had a chateau built. Philippe Hurault, Comte de Cheverny, became its owner in 1580.
The death of the last descendant of the Counts of Cheverny generated the sale of the chateau to Claude de Bullion, Counsellor to Parliament under Henry IV, in 1639. The Chateau d'Esclimont ceased to belong to the Bullion family in 1746, through the marriage of Josephine Hortense with Guy-Andre de Montmorency, Duke of Laval, who was to become a Marshal of France.
The Chateau was handed down in the Montmorency-Laval family until 1807 when its owner married Louis Francois Sosthone de la Rochefoucauld-Doudeauville. Laure de Mailly-Nesle was to be the final owner up to its sale in 1981 to Les Grandes Etapes Francaises.