- Swimming Pool
The Domaine de Beauvois is 16th and 17th century Manor House is surrounded by 350 acres of wooded parkland, standing on the western outskirts of Tours, overlooking the Briffaut lake.
It used to be called the Chateau de Beauvais, from the Latin bellum visum, which means beautiful view. Originally, Beauvais was a chief of the commune of Maille, when in 1619 the Grand Connetable Charles Albert de Luynes, a favourite of King Louis XIII, received the title of Duke. He had just acquired Maille and therefore gave his name to the commune, which had been raised to the status of a Duchy.
From 1452 to 1967, there was a succession of different owners, the most notable of whom was the La Beraudiere family from 1789 to 1888, whose arms can still be seen in the King's Room. The last private owner was an industrialist, a friend of the great architect Le Corbusier, who stayed on a number of occasions at the Domaine.
Since its transformation in 1967, the Domaine has been constantly embellished and enlarged, but its style has been maintained. It is an oasis of peace that the stars of the arts and show business, such as Robert de Niro, Jessye Norman and Grace Kelly and the leading racing drivers in the Le Mans 24 hour Race found attractive.