- Le Chateau de l'Ile
- Pets Allowed
- Spa / Thalasso
- Car Parking
- Fitness Room
4=3 & 3=2 Offer 1 night Free
This l9th century Chateau stands in a 10 acre Park in a wooded loop of the Ill river. It allies traditional Alsatian architecture, half-timbering, sand stone, flowered Balconies and Terraces at the water's edge, with modern comforts.
Several chateaux were built at Ostwald, but one single dwelling, the Chateau de l'Ile. The first one, built in 1226, was rapidly destroyed twenty years later. Two others were later built in the 17th century, one was situated in the prolongation of the present road to the Chateau and disappeared in 1870, the other, known as the Chateau de l'Ile, underwent significant restoration at the end of the 19th century. In 1918, Jean Antoine Darbois purchased the Chateau as a residence. His son, Rene, who took a keen interest in alternative medicine, based his Company, 'les Thes du Chateau de l'Ile', there.
Following the bombardment in 1944 which destroyed seven tonnes of raw material, the company fell into decline and closed at the end of the Sixties. The Chateau remained uninhabited up to 1994, the date of its inauguration as a Chateau Hotel.