- Swimming Pool
- Car Parking
Raj Mahal Palace was built in 1729 by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II for his favorite wife, Maharani Chandra Kumar Ranawatiji, daughter of the Maharana of Udaipur. The list of famous guests who have enjoyed the hospitality of Rajmahal Palace includes Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Mrs. Jacqueline Kennedy, Prince Charles and Lady Diana.
Continuing the tradition of Regal Hospitality, His Highness Maharaja Sawai Bhawani Singh Ji converted Rajmahal Palace into a hotel in 1979. Today, Raj Mahal Palace offers the guest a chance to relive the magical days of the maharajas in full modern comfort.
Till recently, the spacious 14 room mansion of Raj Mahal, with its rosewood- paneled library, billiards room, and the memorabilia of yesteryears, was the home of a king.
It was converted into the official residence of the Resident Political Officer of the Agent General of Rajputana in 1821. Cricket was played for the first time in Jaipur on the front lawn of this residency that year. The Residence, as the palace was then designated, became the center of political activities.
The rooms in the East Wing and the spacious Billiard Room were built in 1948. Then known as “Prince’s House" it was used as Janwasa during the wedding of Princess Baiji Raj Premkumari of Jaipur, only daughter of Maharaja Sawai Man Singh II, with M.K. Jaideep Singh of Baria. When Maharja Sawai Man Singh II converted Rambagh Palace into a hotel in 1958, he shifted to Prince’s House and renamed it Raj Mahal, using it as his residence till his passing away in U.K. 1970.